Tablet Talk™ lets you text and make voice calls from your tablet, using your Android phone number! The Tablet Talk app is especially designed for both 7″ screens (such as the new Nexus 7) as well as tablets with larger screens. It can also be used for syncing between two Android phones, or a Galaxy Player and an Android phone. And, unlike other apps, Tablet Talk™ doesn’t force you to use a new phone number — your friends and contacts can keep on using your main Android phone number for SMS and voice calls! It’s one of the best SMS tablet apps available today!
How does it work? Tablet Talk lets you pair your Android phone to an Android tablet using Bluetooth or WiFi (sorry, iPads, iPhones, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices are not supported). Incoming text messages sent your phone appear instantly on your tablet. You can start texting using the larger keyboard on the tablet, without having to reach for your phone! You can even make phone calls on your tablet (Bluetooth headset required).
What if you don’t have your tablet? Whenever you connect your devices, Tablet Talk™ will automatically sync any newly sent and received texts to your tablet, ensuring your tablet’s inbox is always up to date!
More information about Tablet Talk can be found on the Tablet Talk FAQ.
Tablet Talk Versions
|1.8.0||– New look!
– Note: you can switch back to previous UI: Settings-> Appearance-> Theme.
– Existing themes can still be used.
– DashClock Widget Extension has option to display number of new conversations instead of messages.
– Direct dial homescreen shortcuts call the number instead of opening it with the dialer.
– Split long SMS option for users on CDMA networks that send unreadable multipart SMS (Settings-> Messaging-> Split long SMS).
– Various fixes.
|1.7.5|| – New themes (Settings-> Appearance-> Theme-> Get more themes)
– SMS and Dial Shortcuts: create home screen shortcuts to message or dial a specific contact.
– Landscape dialer full contact list now sorted alphabetically.
– Dialer contact picker works properly.
– Better UI for 2.3 phones being used in Tablet mode.
– Inbox unread conversation indicator improved for default themes.
– Full changelog available in app’s Help section.
|1.7|| – Group MMS and group conversation support
– New reverse UI option where the conversation moves top-to-bottom and the text box on top
– Take and send pictures directly
– Improved privacy options for notifications
– Incoming SMS with iPhone emoji bug fix
– New and simpler tablet SMS backup feature
|1.6.5||– Send pictures from gallery: Tablet Talk now appears as an option for sharing photos.
– Compose window: Attach button and character count added when starting new conversation.
– Fixed blurry caller ID photos for contacts with higher quality images.
– Dialer: Contact list is now alphabetically ordered.
– Options to disable smilies/emoticons and dialpad tones.
|1.6||– Third party theme support
– Plugin support
– T9 dialer
– New dialer landscape UI
– Jelly Bean style notifications
– Quick reply popup: better performance and does not close when pressing outside
– Reduced overall number of settings
– UI tweaks and improvements
– Llama support (home screen shortcuts)
|1.5.3||– MMS now show pictures and text. Do not re-enable MMS in the phone app’s settings until you have updated on both devices.
– Toast notifications added for delivery reports.
– Call button added to SMS popup.
– Phone UI improved.
– Phone timeout restored to “Until cancelled” to improve connecting and automatic settings.